VN Ren'Py Once Again [Development Thread]

What's your favorite girl that has been revealed so far?

• Summer

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Autumn

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Winter

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Haru

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Elara

Votes: 5 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ParaloopLampy

Sep 18, 2023
1000026653.png

If you had the chance go back in time to fix the worst year of your life, would you take it?

Or would you rather not risk destroying the reality you know?

Will you save her?

1000014495.png

"Once Again" is a story driven not by obligation, but by your own willpower. After experiencing death and waking up a year in the past, you realize the limitless power at your disposal; you could win the lottery, or even stop a tragedy!

However, as things start to change around you, you start to see the effect you have on the world. You realize; is it worth risking the universe’s demise due to your own selfish endeavors? Or, will the world fall anyway if you don’t intervene? Can you save the town? And, most importantly,
will you save her?

Once Again is structured as a straightforward visual novel with occasional freeroam elements, freedom of choice, and a dynamic story influenced by your decisions. Your choices will not only affect your relationship with the characters around you, but will also shape the path you are going. Will you be chaotic and change the world without thinking of the consequences? Or will you be lawful and follow the rules of time?

Other mechanics and features of the game are:

• A dark story lit up by fun characters and lighthearted writing.
  • A toggle for nsfw content. Play the game with your parents or friends around!
  • 4 planned main love interests, each with distinct personalities (and interests )
  • A system called the CNL system, that will impact your adventure and add replayability.
  • Skateboarding contests! A unique minigame system. No more tedious school mini games, just a fun part of the story to give our MC his own life.
  • Fun events and dates, whether it be going to an amusement park with the girl of your choice or showing up to a characters event to cheer them on!
main girls (referred to as The Seasons):

Winter Willows
1000026424.png

MC's childhood friend, who absolutely sees him as more, even if she won't admit it. She may be a bit ditzy, but she's a total sweetheart who would do anything to make those around her smile.

Summer Anderson
1000026421.png

MC's (unrelated) foster sister. While generally seen as a cool person, Summer is genuinely a bit more hostile towards mc. Is this because she views him as a brother? Or is it because shes starting to see him as something more?

Haru Fujiwara
1000026537.png

A Japanese native who has lived long enough in the US to adapt to the new culture, but not long enough to leave her old culture behind. Her powerful family lurks behind the scenes, trying to control her life; however, Haru would rather follow her own dreams.

Autumn LeBlanc
1000026462.png

The most mysterious and also the most chaotic of the Seasons, Autumn claims to have lived her entire life in Echo Lake. However, MC cannot remember ever seeing her, even in his previous loop. On top of that, she claims to have mysterious powers? Is she just living out her manic dream, or is there a lot more to her than there seems?

Side girls are posted in the thread :)

Heres the tags we have for the first release!

3DCG | Renpy | Male Protag | Oral | Interracial | Exhibitionism (??? Maybe???) | School Setting

future tags are plentiful but include

Futa/ Trans (optional)
Anal
Milf
Maledom
Romance
(potentially) combat
Group/ MFF (optional)
Netori (MC steals someones girlfriend) (avoidable)

these are just off the top of my head.

definitely wont include:
Bestiality
L*li
anything sexually involving death or blood
scat
gay (depending on your definition of gay i guess lmao. no male on cis male)
NTR for mc

Follow this thread to get some insight into our development process, catch some sneak peeks, and ask some questions that I will try to answer! Thank you all for your interest in Once Again!

Want some updates outside of this site? Join our or follow our :)

We also have a patreon now!

1000026665.png

Last edited:

ParaloopLampy

Sep 18, 2023
It sounds interesting. You have some unique options listed.
I sent a request to your Discord.

I played with the overview. :sneaky:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Hey Saint! I think I saw you jump in the discord, but the discord was all set up by me so its a bit basic right now. I'm not on this website much, what do you mean you played with the overview?
I appreciate your interest so much though!!!!

Reactions: Saint Blackmoor

Saint Blackmoor

Saint and Sinner
Donor
Oct 26, 2017
Hey Once,
I just saw the pics. They look great.
In the spoiler, I called it an overview. I do proofreading here so I can't help but tinker with everything I read. :giggle: A bad habit.

Reactions: ParaloopLampy

| Vee |

Jun 2, 2022
If you could go back in time to fix the worst year of your life, would you do it?

Or would you rather not chance reality as you know it falling into pieces?

View attachment 3318087

"Once Again" is a story driven not by obligation, but by your own willpower. After experiencing death and waking up a year in the past, you realize the limitless power at your disposal; you could win the lottery, or even stop a tragedy!

However, as things start to change around you, you start to see the effect you have on the world. You realize; is it worth risking the universe’s demise due to your own selfish endeavors? Or, will the world fall anyway if you don’t intervene? Can you save the town? And, most importantly,
will you save her?

Once Again is structured as a straightforward visual novel with occasional freeroam elements, freedom of choice, and a dynamic story influenced by your decisions. Your choices will not only affect your relationship with the characters around you, but will also shape the path you are going. Will you be chaotic and change the world without thinking of the consequences? Or will you be lawful and follow the rules of time?

Other mechanics and features of the game are:

• A dark story lit up by fun characters and lighthearted writing.
  • A toggle for nsfw content. Play the game with your parents or friends around!
  • 10 planned love interests, each with distinct personalities (and interests )
  • A system called the CNL system, that will impact your adventure and add replayability.
  • Skateboarding contests! A unique minigame system. No more tedious school mini games, just a fun part of the story to give our MC his own life.
  • Fun events and dates, whether it be going to an amusement park with the girl of your choice or showing up to a characters event to cheer them on!
Follow this thread to get some insight into our development process, catch some sneak peeks, and ask some questions that I will try to answer! Thank you all for your interest in Once Again!

Want some updates outside of this site? Join our or follow our :)
Absolutely loved it:love:!
Looking way more interesting(y). The renders and characters are just

Pls do add "will you save her?" line in overview.

Congrats;)!

KEEP GROWING!

GOLDLUCK!
:coffee: ParaloopLampy

ParaloopLampy

Sep 18, 2023
Absolutely loved it:love:!
Looking way more interesting(y). The renders and characters are just

Pls do add "will you save her?" line in overview.

Congrats;)!

KEEP GROWING!

GOLDLUCK!
:coffee: ParaloopLampy
I really appreciate the kind words! The crew also loves the kind word too and I'll make sure to pass it on. I fixed the overview, I have some ideas on how to make it more interesting but I'm exhausted so I'll think about it after I sleep haha

ParaloopLampy

Sep 18, 2023
NOW INTRODUCING...
THE MAIN CHARACTER!! (Default name Justin)

MC_tt_art_Camera_1_nvidia.png
Once a social outcast, current day MC Reynolds is what many men in the world wish they could be. Before the start of this story, he could generally be described as strong, athletic, attractive, and a womanizer! However, his past tells a different story, painting him as an amazing friend and secret softie. How could you describe him after the start of the story, you ask? Well, that's up to you! As soon as you start Once Again, you- the player- are now MC Reynolds. You can make him a sarcastic prick that only cares about himself, a sweetheart that only wants everyone else to be happy, or anywhere in between! You can't change his past, but you can shape his future.

ParaloopLampy

Sep 18, 2023
I beg to differ. :cautious:

But in all seriousness, this looks pretty good with a possibly fairly unique storyline. Just make the minigames skippable and I'm down to give it a shot.
Your mc hasn't shown his face yet how am I supposed to compare :cry:

But I'm happy to see your support! I actually really enjoyed Move The Chains when i played it :)Mini games definitely should be skippable if not optional in general. I personally don't mind mini games on first playthroughs but I hate them on second playthroughs, and I know some people hate them on the first. So that's something we plan on :)

Last edited:

ParaloopLampy

Sep 18, 2023
This is looking good, I must say I'm intrigued.

But we now have a Winter, Spring (Haru) and Summer... so there is an Autumn yet to be announced, I wager? You can't leave the quartet unfinished, right? :)
Autumn coming very soon ;) my dumb ass had to make some model changes, but she ended up great and I'm very happy to show her off within the next couple days :D

I'm glad you're intrigued! Main goal is to keep everyone entertained throughout!

DeFuZe

Jul 26, 2018
Just saw this on reddit, looking good and promising so far. Good luck in the development. I hope we see a Steam release in the future too.

• Red Heart
Reactions: ParaloopLampy