Feb 2, 2019
yeah... but how is MC involved? is MC involved? does he do the stealing? (cause if MC does the stealing then it is netori and not ntr)
NTR is an abbreviation for Netori, Netorare, Netorase / Anetorare, Anetorase, Anetori.
NTR is for all of them. And if you want to precise what kind of NTR, you write it completely.

"Anetorare" is when the loved one who is stolen is the older sister or older brother of the "good guy/girl".
Anetora-re/ri/se, a fusion of netora-re/ri/se and "Ane / Ani". Ane = older sister / Ani = older brother.

Also, considering the guy who lose his girl a "MC" ... Sorry, but in Netorare, the MC, it is not the boyfriend... it is the girl herself who's the "MC". I hardly call a guy you see on 4 pages in total (most of the time) a "MC" ...
He is the "MC" only if we see the event from HIS point of view from start to end. In netorase, for exemple, the MC is the "boyfriend". But in netorare, the boyfriend is rarely the MC.

Last edited:

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
NTR is an abbreviation for Netori, Netorare, Netorase / Anetorare, Anetorase, Anetori.
NTR is for all of them. And if you want to precise what kind of NTR, you write it completely.

"Anetorare" is when the loved one who is stolen is the older sister or older brother of the "good guy/girl".
Anetora-re/ri/se, a fusion of netora-re/ri/se and "Ane / Ani". Ane = older sister / Ani = older brother.

Also, considering the guy who lose his girl a "MC" ... Sorry, but in Netorare, the MC, it is not the boyfriend... it is the girl itself who's the "MC". I hardly call a guy you see on 4 pages in total (most of the time) a "MC" ...
He is the "MC" only if we see the event from HIS point of view from start to end. In netorase, for exemple, the MC is the "boyfriend". But in netorare, the boyfriend is rarely the MC.
Incorrect, that is a common misconception. NTR is only Netorare abbreviated.

The confusion comes from people thinking NTR means cheating, and that Netori also means cheating, thus they lump it in together.
The only time NTR stands for 3 things, is the three main types of Netorare, the first being most obvious, cheating, the 2nd being they are raped, and then rape leading to cheating.

Also NTR does not require the MC to be a significant other.

NTR (Netorare) meaning "To be taken from." does not specify level of relationship in the slightest, or method, or species etc. All that is required is interest from the MC. Any amount will do, can be a simple crush, childhood friend, gf, lover, wife etc.

Also... bruh, the ane stuff... that is just other words that have meaning, you can have heaps of similar words. which those ones aren't really used... like at all. You can come up with many more because of how the japanese language works. But they are also not part of NTR, NTR is only Netorare, so only the Netorare ones of that would be included (and sorta Netorase).

As for Netorase, well that itself is a type of Netorare (part of the reason for confusion), as it is NTR but with the MC being into it. But since it has it's own term that is widely used, usually the NTR tag is dropped.

Netori though is on its own, same as Reverse-NTR (where MC is the one being stolen). As saying they are the same, is like saying fucking someone, and being fuck by someone is the same, but that strap-on in your ass with the latter would beg to differ.

This ain't nhentai, we don't lump everything under NTR and call it a day. (although they don't even abbreviate and just call everything Netorare XD )

O and another part of cause for confusion, when there is no perspective, then NTR(Netorare) is used. As Netori and Reverse-NTR require perspective.

Reactions: Twistty

lynxchan

Sep 7, 2020
I agree that the designs of the side characters is a lot more appealing but I do like story heavy VNs so I'll give it a shot anyway. This def seems like one of those VNs where the side characters are more interesting than the main ones.